Appointment of New Fellows
28th March 2013
The Centre is delighted to announce the appointment of nine new Fellows of the Centre. Academics, both from the sciences as well as the humanities, who are researching or intending to research in the field are eligible for consideration. Under the rules, appointment is offered only once to successful individuals within their lifetime, and appointment is by invitation or nomination only. Only a small proportion of those nominated are eventually selected. The process of selection is rigorous, painstaking, and frequently lengthy, and individuals appointed have to have made (or be capable of making) an outstanding contribution to the field.
The new Fellows are:
- Dr Damiano Benvegnù (University of Notre Dame), Associate Fellow
- Tony Bogdanoski (University of Sydney), Associate Fellow
- The Revd Jennifer Brown (Ripon College Cuddesdon, Oxford), Associate Fellow
- Elizabeth Dale (MCD University of Divinity, Melbourne), Associate Fellow
- Professor Lawrence A. Hansen (University of California, San Diego), Fellow
- Alma Massaro (University of Genoa, Italy), Associate Fellow
- The Revd Feargus O’Connor (Golders Green Unitarian Church, London), Associate Fellow
- Jordan Sosnowski, (Monash University), Associate Fellow
- Elizabeth Tyson (University of Essex), Associate Fellow
“All these individuals are pioneering new work in Animal Ethics – helping to press he envelope in terms of new thinking”, said Director of the Centre, Professor Andrew Linzey. The Centre extends its warmest congratulations to the successful individuals. Their biographies can be viewed here.