Aims and Vision
- is the first in the world dedicated to pioneering ethical perspectives on animals through academic research, teaching, and publication;
- is an independent “think tank” for the advancement of progressive thought about animals;
- aims to put animals on the intellectual agenda;
- consists of an international fellowship of academics drawn from both the humanities and the sciences dedicated to pioneering ethical perspectives;
- contributes to thoughtful public debate about animals;
- strives to become a world-class centre of academic excellence, and
- is proud of its academic independence. The Centre is an independent educational company for the purpose of “adult and other education”. It is not under the aegis, control, or sanction of the University of Oxford. The Centre is affiliated with the Oxford University Animal Ethics Society.