Appointment of New Fellows
11th September 2013
The Centre is delighted to announce the appointment of six new Fellows of the Centre. Academics, both from the sciences as well as the humanities, who are researching or intending to research in the field are eligible for consideration. Under the rules, appointment is offered only once to successful individuals within their lifetime, and appointment is by invitation or nomination only. Only a small proportion of those nominated are eventually selected. The process of selection is rigorous, painstaking, and frequently lengthy, and individuals appointed have to have made (or be capable of making) an outstanding contribution to the field.
The new Fellows are:
- Professor Sandra K. Alexander (American University in Dubai), Fellow
- Joshua Bennett (Princeton University), Associate Fellow
- Dr Darren Calley (University of Essex), Fellow
- Lydia de Tienda (Hokkaido University, Japan), Associate Fellow
- Frances Margaret Cecilia Robinson (Veterinarian), Associate Fellow
- Clifford Warwick (Biologist and Medical Scientist), Fellow
“All these individuals are pioneering new work in Animal Ethics – helping to press he envelope in terms of new thinking”, said Director of the Centre, Professor Andrew Linzey. The Centre extends its warmest congratulations to the successful individuals. Their biographies can be viewed here.