Appointment of New Fellows
1st September 2015
The Centre is delighted to announce the appointment of seven new Fellows of the Centre. Academics, both from the sciences as well as the humanities, who are researching or intending to research in the field are eligible for consideration. Under the rules, appointment is offered only once to successful individuals within their lifetime, and appointment is by invitation or nomination only. Only a small proportion of those nominated are eventually selected. The process of selection is rigorous, painstaking, and frequently lengthy, and individuals appointed have to have made (or be capable of making) an outstanding contribution to the field.
The new Fellows are:
- Simon Brooman (Liverpool John Moores University), Fellow
- Professor David Cassuto (Pace Law School), Fellow
- Professor Andrew Chignell (Cornell University), Fellow
- Professor David Favre (Michigan State University College of Law), Fellow
- Dr Valéry Giroux (Centre for Research on Ethics, Quebec, Canada), Fellow
- Professor Patricia McEachern (Drury University), Fellow
- Dr Philip Sampson (Independent Scholar), Fellow
“All these individuals are pioneering new work in Animal Ethics – helping to press he envelope in terms of new thinking”, said Director of the Centre, Professor Andrew Linzey. The Centre extends its warmest congratulations to the successful individuals. Their biographies can be viewed here.